The first event to take place in Portugal will be on 10th May 2019, at ISCTE – IUL
This event aims to discuss the future of the European Union bearing in mind the elections of 26th May, but especially towards the 2025 roadmap, which gives back to the Heads of State and Government five governance scenarios. Through non-formal education methodologies and shared debates, the public will be able to actively experience what they want from the European Union and its future as European citizens.
08h30 – 09h00: Welcome reception and registration (Aud B203 – Building II)
09h00 – 10h00: “The Tree of Europe – workshop”
10h00 – 12h00: Roundtable – Populism and democracy: what´s at stake?
Moderator: Catarina Carvalho (DN)
– Riccardo Marchi (CEI-IUL)
– Marco Lisi (IPRI-NOVA)
– Susana Salgado (ICS)
– Cláudia Álvares (CIES)
12h00 – 12h30: The citizens meet… Ana Paula Zacarias (Secretary of State of European Affairs)
12h30 – 13h40: Buffet Networking Lunch
13h45 – 14h30: Get together
14h30 – 16h30: “May the vote be with EU: Workshop on future scenarios”
16h30 – 17h00: Debriefing, follow up & closing remarks
If you want to join us or have any doubts, feel free to contact us:
Name: André Nabais e-mail: [email protected]
How to get to ISCTE-IUL:
Address: Avenida das Forças Armadas 1649-026 Lisboa
GPS coordinates: Latitude 38.748753 Longitude 9.153692
By Subway (Metro)
Take the yellow line and get off at Entre Campos station. Walk about 150m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At Entre Campos roundabout turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
By Bus (Carris)
Bus lines and nearest stops:
Take the Bus number 701 or 754. Get off at the bus stop Faculdade de Farmácia (upper part of Forças Armadas Avenue). Walk down the avenue. The entry to ISCTE-IUL is about 50m far, on your left.
Other Bus lines and stops within walking distance:
- 731 – Hospital de Santa Maria
- 755 – Cidade Universitária
By Train (CP)
1. If you are travelling from the Greater Lisbon area, take the Azambuja line. Get off at Entre Campos station and choose the Avenida da República exit. Walk about 250m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At the Entre Campos roundabout, turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
2. If you’re traveling from out Lisbon with Alfa Pendular or Intercidades and your train doesn´t stop at Entre Campos station: get off at Oriente station and take the subway (right beneath the train station). Take the red line towards S. Sebastião up to Saldanha station, change to the yellow line heading to Odivelas and get off at Entre Campos station. Then follow the steps mentioned above.